Last night before I put the kids to bed I showed them my new blog, and they loved it. While scrolling through the pictures, they both got excited to see my belly and then themselves as babies. My favorite part was when they saw the picture of Andrew, Hunter, and Hannah. Jade looked at the picture and said, "Look, there is my BEST FRIEND." When she said that, it reminded me of how much fun the kids and I had with the family for two weeks. I am so excited about living closer to everyone. I think everyone will be a lot happier. I can't wait to be able to go to Guymon for the weekend to attend birthday parties and random get-to-gathers. We had such a good time swimming and hanging out. I look forward to many more times like that. This past weekend we had a very fun time attending a friend's wedding. The wedding started at 4:00 and afterwards we attended a dance. This was the first time we had ever taken the kids to an event like this. The bride and groom had a sugar bar for the kids, so all of the kids had a sugar rush. FUN TIMES :) The cutest part of the wedding was when the bride and groom showed up at the dance. Jade followed the bride around and asked her if she was Cinderella. I think she thought she was at a ball. She wanted to dance with everyone. Both of my kids kept walking up to random people, that we didn't know, and talking to them. I think we are raising social butterflies. I just know someday Jade will be an entertainer. When she wasn't bothering the bride and bridesmaids, she was on the dance floor spinning her dress and dancing around like a movie star. They must take after their dad. On Sunday, we went to the lake for a cookout to meet the new Interns. We had hamburgers and hot dogs. Even though the lake kind of grosses me out, I let the kids swim for a little bit. We had an awesome weekend. This week, we are kind of bored for the first time in a long time. We don't know what to do with ourselves. Since we moved into this rent house, we haven't had anytime to just sit around. I have been cleaning and getting ready to start packing. The kids are going crazy, I think. We are all ready for the big change and can't wait to take the next step. Andrew was talking about school last night at the dinner table. He said he wants to go back to his old school because he misses all of his friends. It makes me sad because I miss all of my friends at work. We are having a wonderful time this summer, but I do miss socializing with adults and having a schedule. I told Andrew that he will start school in about 4 weeks, and he will have the opportunity to meet new friends. I have also signed the kids up for soccer, so I think soon we will be back to normal. I just need patience.
No comments:
Post a Comment