Mutschler Family Reunion

The Mutschler Family Reunion was held in Elk City at the Holiday Inn or now it is the Elk... It is under construction and renaming... Anyways... My mother's dad is Carl Mutschler, he is 80 years old and this is his reunion. We are all kin, but we really don't know each other very well. Every two years we all get together at this same hotel and have a ball. This year there was an auction, a bunch of buffets, and karaoke. My grandad played his guitar and sang a couple songs. Jade sang "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus and "Oh how I love Jesus". Reanna and I sang "Grandpa" by the Judds. Also a big group of us sang "I'll Fly Away." I was so proud of Jade.. She wasn't scared at all. I on the other hand was scared to death. My chest was red and I was shaking. Andrew made a new friend with Rosie, one of my distant cousins. He was swimming with her, and he told his dad "Man she's Hot." I'm not even sure he knows what that means, but it was cute. I reminded him that she was his cousin. Us kids (Re, Le, Aaron, and Jason) all went to the casino later that evening and the kids stayed with Mamaw and Papaw. I don't think they got any sleep at all. According to mom and dad, the kids started out on the floor. Then Jade got
in bed with mom. A few hours later, Andrew climbed in with mom, then Hannah followed. Mom moved to width of the foot of the bed. Man, if we only had a video of this. Then dad got Hannah out of the bed and put her in bed with him. After that, they got a little bit of rest and it was time to go to the Breakfast Buffet. We woke up and went to the buffet and then Grandad had a mini church gathering. He read the Faith, Hope, and Love chapter, and then Lin got up and said a prayer. After that Jade got up and tried to sing "When we all get to Heaven" but ended up singing "Jesus Loves Me." It was a fun weekend with family. I was so proud of Jade's bravery. I asked her if she was scared when she was up there singing and she said "No... Why would I be scared... He was not a stranger." (He meaning the man who owned the Karaoke machine.) Even though that was my favorite part, it was also pretty special that Grandad sang with his guitar. He has been doing that since my mom was a little girl.




2 comments:

Amy said...

Jade's song was SO cute--mom and I watched it twice!

Unknown said...

makes me cry every time