Looking Back!!!

December 23 - Christmas Eve Eve - Today we started the day off with me cooking breakfast and the guys rushing off to the casino. John, Jason, and Frank all went, but I think Jason was the only one who ended up with an extra $30.00. After they got home we got ready to go eat at Panera Bread, which is Kailey and Savannah's favorite place to eat. Then we went to church. The 3D experience was awesome. They played some awesome songs and then had a wonderful service. After church we came home and let the kids open 2 gifts each kid got a sleeping bag set and a fur berry and then we let them watch Horton Hears a Who.




December 24 - Christmas Eve - This was my day of cooking.... I woke up and went to the grocery store with Savannah. When I got home we started baking. We didn't finish baking until almost midnight. We made a apple pie and Savannah made a cherry pie.. (the first time I have ever made a pie). I also made a coffee cake, some pumpkin muffins, and a lemon birthday cake for Jesus. Oh and you can't forget the sugar cookies for Santa.. We also sprinkled reindeer food out on the lawn so that they would stop at our house and then we tucked the kids into bed. After the kids went to bed. Savannah and I did a bible study on Mary. I found it through my church. It was neat to watch it and read the verses.






December 25 - Christmas Day - Today I got up extra early and got ready.. I knew it was going to be a busy day. Jason woke up with me even though he had to work the day before from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. We sat down to drink coffee and he said "I have something from you in my pocket." I got really excited and he gave me a little box.. It was .25K diamond earrings... I haven't gotten diamonds that much in my life so I was so excited I didn't know what to say.. Soon after that the kids started waking up.. They came down stairs and noticed that nothing had changed under the tree.. Man, they got worried... Later I asked them to look at the stockings.. They were missing and the cookies and milk had gone missing too. Then they noticed a sign on the fireplace that said "Garage" The kids ran for the door and that is where they found their brand new cars... It was pretty exciting. The ran in and opened the stocking they found in the garaged and then started opening gifts. After they opened their gifts the adults opened ours. I got an orange Rachel Ray cookware set, two cast iron skillets, some utensils, and some clothes from John and Savannah. From Jason I got a bunch of clothes, some boots, and a mixer. After that we ate a Christmas Breakfast Casserole I had prepared the night before. Then I started cooking lunch for everyone. Frank and Cindy came over to eat with us and we had a wonderful time watching the kids ride their cars after lunch. They are really bad drivers.

December 26 - The day to shop - I decided that since I got so spoiled I really didn't need the mixer Jason got me, so I took it back to the mall. This wasn't the best idea for me to have since it was the day after Christmas. The traffic was horrible and the parking lot was full. We did survive... Later that evening we went to eat at Olive Garden and shopped at Super Target..

December 27 - The day to rest - Today John, Savannah, and Kailey went home. The kids where sad most of the day. I was so tired. I stayed up too late last night. Jason had to work until 2 a.m. and Savannah and I stayed up until he got home. Then he and I decided to stay up and talk until 4 a.m. I have done pretty much nothing all day and it has felt pretty good.

I had a wonderful Christmas. Tomorrow I will probably take down my tree and hopefully get the house clean. :)


1 comment:

Mel said...

Sounds like an awesome Christmas! I'm glad that you have wonderful memories of your first Christmas in your new home! Love ya! Mel :)